"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, April 6, 2015

April Finish!

April has begun on a strong note!
My shoulder is 100% better
AND
that means I can quilt again!

I took it easy and finished this quilt with grid quilting.
Not that my quilting is fancy or even that good,
but there is little shoulder movement with grid quilting.
It felt great! 
And I have a finish!!


There is something soothing about quilts made with nine patch blocks,
even when they are bright and cheery.
 This looks like summer to me...
"Summer Sunshine!"



One of my niece's LOVES orange...
this one is for her.


This was such a fun, quick quilt to make.


I have worked on my snowman
and he is almost finished.
(I know.... I need to move onto spring/summer projects!)


I need to add his button eyes and maybe another
snowflake or two.
Then he will be stuffed with sand and fiberfill.
He will also get a hat and scarf.


This little cup is too cute!
I might have to make a couple of these guys for gifts.



Happy Monday and Happy Quilting!
Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are creating.

13 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

I am so glad your shoulder is better! Summer Sunshine is fabulous! Your niece will love it! I am in love with your snowman!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Glad your shoulder feels better. The nine patch quilt is gorgeous! I love orange. It really sparkles. The snowman is coming along and is so cute!

Libby in TN said...

Hi, Ramona! Great news on the shoulder. Summer Sunshine is lovely. Simple and traditional use of scraps, organized into 9-patches. I suspect you share my affliction -- a need too make order out of nonsense....

Marti said...

Nice to have your shoulder back to normal! It is a cheerful quilt and nothing wrong with straight stitching either. I adore your snowman too.

dq said...

Ha ha - you are working on a snowman! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting about me doing a snowman quilt in the spring.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Love your Summer Sunshine quilt - so bright & cheerful - and I hope your niece loves it too!

Nann said...

A Russian proverb says, "Get the sleigh ready in summer and the cart ready in winter." Your snowman is thus timely! Those nine-patches just glow. (I love orange and yellow.)

Quiltswede said...

Your snowman is so adorable! Can you share the name of the pattern?

Ramona said...

The pattern is in a book called "Snowmen in the Coop" by The Little Red Hen. Their web address is thelittleredhenonline.com There are some other adorable snowmen in this book as well. Enjoy!

Quiltswede said...

Thanks Ramona! I can't wait to see him when you're finished.

Lara B. said...

I have a crush on your Summer Sunshiney orange quilt Ramona! Love the adorable snowman and the saying you put on it cracked me up. What a relief it must be for you to finally have less pain in your shoulder!

~Kris~ said...

I love the orange and white quilt. I saw several O&W quilts at the Chicago Quilt Show last week. I have been in the mood to make something orange ever since. You are moving me another step closer.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh wow - you know I love that bright ORANGE!!!! Gorgeous job, and the quilting is perfect for that design :) As for your snowman, he just makes me happy looking at him .... I agree those cups would be perfect all by themselves :)