"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Bars and Squares

 I love college basketball and will watch just about anyone play
on tv.... except for my favorite team.
For some reason, I get so nervous when VCU plays
and have to listen to the radio broadcast and
play in my Hidey Hole at the same time.

VCU played in the A10 tournament this past week
and ended up playing 4 games, making it to the
Championship round.
Unfortunately, we lost, but it was fun.


While I was listening to the games,
I started a new quilt.
My 2 1/2" square box was getting very full,
so I came up with a design to use some squares,
along with a black and white jelly roll I've had for years.
 
 
 
 
I was able to get most of this done while listening to the 
four games.
The last few rows were sewn together today to finish the top.



 
 
The bricks are 2 1/2 x 6 1/2" and the squares are 2 1/2" square.
It did make a dent in my scrap box!
 
VCU is playing again on Wednesday,
so I'll have to start another project to work on for that game!
It would be awesome if we played four more games. :)
 
Happy Quilting!

 

2 comments:

straythreads said...

Good use of leftovers! And good use of your basketball time. My SDSU jackrabbits won their conference we did go to the games, the men play tomorrow night and the women play in Spokane WA on Saturday not going but will be watching. I have had too many things going on to spend any quality time in the sewing room. I need a snowstorm to keep me home and cancel activities here….snow is not n the forecast. Have a good rest of the week.

Vicki in MN said...

Now that is being very productive, listening while getting a quilt top pieced. I am getting anxious to jump in my scrap bin and play around. Maybe next month:)