"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Wool Welcome

 A few weeks ago I was looking for something
in my Hidey Hole
and found a box and had no idea what was inside.
Well, one thing I found was this wool applique piece
I had made before we moved 2 1/2 years ago.
It didn't have borders yet and was just waiting to be finished.

Now it is a finished wall hanging.

 
 
I really enjoy doing wool applique and do not do it often.
That may need to change.
 
 

 
 
This was quilted on my new sewing machine.
It doesn't quilt as smoothly as my old one,
but maybe it's operator issues.
 
 

 
 
I also made a stack of design boards as treats for Quilt Camp.
It's coming up next month and I'm getting excited!!
 
 
Happy Quilting!

 


4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Wool applique is so forgiving. I know those design boards well be appreciated. Have fun!

Vicki in MN said...

What a fun surprise when you opened that box, and awesome that you got it done quickly to enjoy!

straythreads said...

WOW You have been busy, I have to but don't have much to show for it.. Each of those quilts are beautiful I especially like the pink for your granddaughter. I was on yet another scavenger hunt in my crap closet and found a wool kit and my thought was I didn't give that away the last move?!j? It would be a good go project maybe someday. weather has changed here so maybe I will get more done we just need to stay home instead of running out to the river every weekend there is not a home game. Priorities the projects will wait the little girls won't.
Hope you have a great weekend. lovely quilts!!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your wool appliqué is beautiful, Ramona! That is something I still have yet to try. I'm glad you found AND finished this piece!