"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, September 25, 2023

Mr. M's Quilt

 My daughter and son-in-law asked me to make
quilts for my grandchildren's beds.
Twist my arm!!

I showed them some of the patterns at
and they chose two that they liked.
They are both finished and on their way to

For my grandson, 
they asked for blues and greens to be used.
I had no problem with this,
since I still had a lot of left-over fabric
and scraps from the Pineapple bed quilt I made for my bed.


 
 
This is The Ivy Quilt pattern.
It was going along really well
until I decided to skip a row of blocks.
There was some action from my seam ripper needed
and the problem was fixed.
 

 
Some fun new fabrics were added to the collection
for this quilt.
These are my favorite colors to use
and I fight myself not to make every quilt with these colors!
 
 

 
This will be a Christmas gift for Mr. M
and will be ready for when he gets his big boy bed.
 
 
Happy Quilting!


7 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Oh me, oh my that is a lovely quilt for anyone, but your grandson will absolutely love it. How wonderful to be asked to make as you know they will use it then!

Libby in TN said...

Very pretty and SO you!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a great simple pattern - love the colors

Vicki W said...

He will love his new bed quilt!

time4stitchn said...

What wonderful quilts you have created in the last several posts. I know the little guy will like the new one from Grandma. They do understand and love sleeping under them. Love your design for your granddaughter. The combination of Kaffe and Tula really go well together. And your reproduction quilt is clever and very interesting. I like it a lot. And I hope you are feeling better.

Rebecca Grace said...

I can vouch that these fabrics are even more beautiful in real life than they appear in the photos. Can't wait until these come up in my queue for quilting!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Super cute! I love it.