"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Busy June

 This month has been a month of completions for me.
It feels good to have these few things finished
and checked off of my list.

First up...
the patriotic table topper for me!

 
 
These are the table runners I made for my siblings.
I had four stars left and decided to make a table topper for myself.
 

 
 
These are big stars, so this is a good size topper.
 

 
 
I had fun quilting this one, but don't look too closely.
:)
 



 
 
Next finish is the Disappearing Rail block quilt
that I saved from being tossed in the trash.
 
If you remember, this is what it started out as...
UGLY!
 

 
 
After some slicing and dicing and more sewing,
this is what it became..
 

 
 
Soooo much nicer to look at!
 

 
There are more of these blocks,
so another baby quilt may be made in the future.
 
 
Next up is a top that I made from a gifted batik jelly roll.
 
 
 
 
This design went together so quickly.
I had planned on making something else with
the jelly roll, but I really like the simplicity of this block.
 
 


 
 Once this one is quilted, I'll donate it to the group that
gives quilts to our Veterans hospital.


There is one more finish,
but this finish needs a post of its' own.
 
Happy Quilting!


5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You HAVE been busy! I need some SEW time very badly over here. I love your finishes~ three cheers for the red, white and blue! Your baby quilt re-do is wonderful and happy and that batik jelly-roll creation is stunning in its simplicity. Bravo!! Well done!!!

straythreads said...

Beautifully done on all your projects. The slice and dice on the rail fence is a brilliant maneuver from dull to spectacular. I really need to stay home for a while but we are off again this weekend.

Vicki W said...

You have been very busy! It's getting hot enough outside that I want to say in and sew. Your table runners are great gifts and the "ugly" quilt turned out really cute! If your veterans quilt is for us, we will be happy to quilt it for you if you want.

Debbie said...

Lots of colorful eye candy on your blog today! Love them all.

Vicki in MN said...

You rock busy lady!! Love those patriotic toppers. And you really worked your magic with those blocks and have a really pretty little quilt now. Happy 4th Ramona!