"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Escher Connected Finish

 Those who have been following me for a while
know how much I love these Escher quilt patterns.
I order the kits and then usually switch fabrics out for fabrics
I like better and to make it more my own.
This kit was beautiful just as it was!


 
 
 
This pattern is called "Escher Connected".
Boy, did it require some organization and paying attention
to assemble.
(And as I am reviewing this post, I see a mistake I made in
the placement of a block.  OH well... too late to fix that one!)
 
 

 
 
I had a LOT of baggies, labeled and placed on trays to keep
the parts together and in order.
It is so fun to watch the design come together as I'm going along.
 
 

 
 
Rebecca Grace  did a beautiful job quilting it, as usual.
I was afraid this one would give her fits, because, for some reason, it wasn't as flat
as I like my quilts to be.



 
 
This backing fabric makes the quilt so soft and cuddly.
 
 
There are a couple of more Escher patterns I have not made,
but I'm going to wait for a bit before I make another one.
 
I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.
(edit)
 
Happy Quilting!


10 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Stunning! I have a friend who has made several Escher quilts. I don't think I would have the patience.

Sharon Kwilter said...

I've wanted to make an Escher quilt for a while but I haven't been brave enough yet.

Vicki in MN said...

You nailed it, gorgeous!!

Vicki W said...

What a fabulous quilt!

Julie in GA said...

That is gorgeous!

MissPat said...

I bought a kit for an Escher quilt pre-pandemic and still haven't started it. I don't have a design wall and fear it will be very difficult to make without one. Your's looks terrific and I don't see the mistake.

Anonymous said...

Ramona, it’s so sweet of you to make up stories about an imaginary mistake in your quilt just to make the rest of us mortals feel less inadequate. 😘. Seriously, WHAT mistake? If you did something different from the pattern instructions, it was clearly an improvement!! I love this quilt and I loved quilting it for you!💕

Debbie said...

What a great finish. I went to check out the website you had highlighted about the Escher quilt kits...so gorgeous. Maybe someday...

Rebecca Grace said...

PS -- "anonymous" above was me. I couldn't get the dang computer to let me sign in that day!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm wondering if the kits are made the same way that they are in the book - Stunning 3-D Quilts Simplified by Ruth Ann Berry - I saw your quilt and didn't really want to buy the kit so I got the book that the pattern is in and the pattern is completely made with triangles - is that how it is in the kits also?