"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Three Dudes Quilt

 A while ago I watched a you-tube video from
They made this beautiful quilt using a
jelly roll and the 1 1/2" jelly roll.
 
I loved that quilt and knew I would be making it soon.
 
A jelly roll has been hanging in my cabinet for a bit
and I thought this would work well with this design.
 Out it came and the sewing began.
 
All was going so well until I began cutting the blocks.
From one strip set, I should have been able to cut 3-15" blocks.
I was only able to cut two!
It had nothing to do with my sewing or cutting,
my strip sets were just not long enough.
 
Thankfully, I was able to order another jelly roll
and made the rest of the blocks.
 
 
 
 
This quilt is much darker feeling than the quilt
made in the you-tube video,
but I love the colors.

 
 
It went together so quickly since the strips were cut already.
The black strips really make the colors pop.
 
 

 
 
My original plan was for this to be a baby quilt
for my niece's baby, due in December.
After getting all of the blocks finished,
it's too dark (and big!) for a baby quilt.
I'll finish it and will have it here when I need
a quilt for a man.
 

 
 
I just love how the middle glows.
The design has a Celtic feel to it, I think.
 
 


 My sewing machine is in for a cleaning and servicing.
Once it's back home, I'll sew these blocks together into a top.

I may have to try this design again with some brighter fabrics!

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Interesting design. I especially like the glow in the center. I have had such bad luck with rolls of precut strips that I don't even look for them anymore.

swooze said...

Love your quilt. I had to go watch the video and if your seams are perfect the squares would be 14.5. You’d definitely have to have 44” wide fabric to even achieve that. I’m glad you were able to get your fabric to finish.

Sara said...

It's dark but the light section kind of glows. It made me think of how the moon gets a halo around it sometimes in the dark sky. Very pretty!

Preeti said...

It may be dark but it is beautiful. Think dark chocolate with a lemon-lime tanginess :-)

Vicki in MN said...

Oh wow that makes a great guy quilt! There doesn't look like a way to make a smaller version unless you used yardage and cut 2" strips, would that work?

straythreads said...

Wow yes that does have a Celtic look to it. It looks like stained glass. I have noticed in recent years the 45” fabrics are getting closer to 40-45, their sneaky way of not raising the price.
Beautiful