"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, October 5, 2020

A New Knitting Skill

 This past week saw a little sewing in my Hidey Hole.
For some reason, the desire isn't as strong as it usually is to sew.
I know it will come back, so I'm enjoying doing other things with my time.

I did get the borders sewn onto this scrappy quilt that's been
hanging on my design wall for weeks.
I just love the border fabric!

 

Except for the sashing fabric,
this quilt was made with just Kaffe fabrics.
It didn't put a dent in my scraps,
but we all know they multiply while we sleep!



I need to find or piece the backing for this one
and may quilt it myself.
 
 



What I'm really excited about this week is a new
knitting skill I taught myself.

I found this pattern a while ago on Ravelry (Chevron Love),
but put off knitting it for months
because I have never done color change
with knitting.
I had in my head that it would be a 
tangled mess of yarn while knitting,
and, while the yarns did get twisted,
it really was pretty easy.



This week I'll be going to my local yarn shop to find
a furry pompom for the top.
 
 

The hat is finished (including weaving in ALL of the tails!)
and the first mitten has been cast onto my needles.


Happy Creating!!

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love that cap! The colors are design are just gorgeous. Your Kaffe quilt looks beautiful too. Seems like a lot of us have lost our sewing mojo lately. I hope you find it soon.

straythreads said...

Beautiful quilt and beautiful stocking cap

Libby in TN said...

Perfect border for your scrappy quilt! Looks like you mastered the color changes very well.

Vicki W said...

That border fabric is just perfect for that quilt!

Preeti said...

How can one put so much joy and beauty in one quilt? Ask Ramona, because she sure knows. I am jealous of your KF stash. Inspiration and creativity are never constant. Your quilting mojo will be back again. Not like you are sitting still anyways :-D

Unknown said...

Wow, Mona the quilt makes me feel the sun and ocean breeze on Maui. I have nothing but awe for your knitting ability!

Maybe we are being drawn to a quiet time of reflection with the change in season. A time to, "Be still and know..."

chrisknits said...

Oh my, that hat is gorgeous!! And I love the finish on your quilt top.