"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Solid Fun is Finished

I'm usually not one to make the more modern quilt designs that
are popular today.
I like more traditional quilts in bolder colors and fabrics.

This quilt caught my eye the first time I looked at the book
and I just love how it looks.

Here is the book I used...



There are some really fun quilts in this book made
with solid fabrics.

The quilt on the cover is what caught my eye.
I gathered my fabrics, cut the triangles and strips
and went to town.




The one thing I didn't like about this quilt was the zig zag edge on both sides.
I decided to add the extra triangles to give the quilt  straight edges on all sides.




After some diamond grid quilting and
adding a striped binding,
this one is finished.

 


I thought this quilt would take me a while to make,
but it actually went together fairly quickly.

 

This one is already spoken for and is being laundered as I type.


Happy Quilting!
Be well and be safe!

12 comments:

Sara said...

I'm more of a traditional quilt design but in bright color kind of gal too, but I can understand why this one appealed to you. It's gorgeous! I love the colors you chose.

Julierose said...

Oh this turned out beautifully--love all those colors against the gray nice choice...
Hugs from afar Julierose

Libby in TN said...

You did a great job with the triangles, and especially with the filler blocks. I have a drawer full of solids and have no clue what to do with them.

Vicki in MN said...

That is a beauty for sure. I think you did the right thing by adding the edge triangles, imagine the nightmare binding it would have been if you didn't!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Wow! I love that!

Debbie said...

I have loved watching this go together. It is amazing! And I really like the binding that you added.

chrisknits said...

So bright and cheerful!!

PaintedThread said...

Wow - what a fun quilt. I love the grey with the colors. Love how you quilted it, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a great finish! Congratulations.

Wendy F said...

What a great finish and pop of color - love the gray with the solids!

Rose Marie said...

Wow .... amazing quilt!

Preeti said...

Ramona, what are you trying to do??? Just because you gave in to the temptation of the cover picture (and what a tempting one) does not mean that you can derail me from my very focused endeavor at this time!!! Love everything about your quilt :-) Kudos to you. Stay safe, girlfriend. Many hugs to you.