"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, June 8, 2020

Peace To You

Every year I make a little patriotic quilted item for my siblings, my mom
and a couple of other people.
This started a couple of years after my dad died.
My dad was one of the most patriotic people I know. 
His country meant so much to him.

I began thinking about what design to use
for the annual project about a month ago.
As I was thinking of what to make this year
the word "Peace" kept coming to me.
There has been so much fear, anxiety and concern
surrounding Covid 19 and the quarantine that is in place
because of this virus, 
especially from those who have contracted the virus and been sick from it,
or have lost loved ones to the virus,
or are fearful of contracting the virus,
or have a loved one with the virus,
or have lost their job because of the shut down,
or are anxious because of the isolation
or a number of the above and other things. 

I have prayed for Peace over and over during this time.

Then the killing of George Floyd happened.
I began praying for God's peace over his family,
over those who are protesting,
over the business owners' who have suffered vandalism,
over those who have suffered so much over time from racism, 
over those of us who need to look into our hearts and root out any racist
thoughts and feelings we may unknowingly harbor there,
over our country and how we will move forward,
creating a place where there is equal justice for all,
and for all of us to listen to those who need to be heard for things to change.


PEACE




I started to add borders and other things to these,
but Peace is all that is needed.

 


The letters were cut with my accuquilt cutter
and the Peace die.

 

Patriotic fabrics were used to carry on with the theme of these little quilted gifts.

 


Organic lines were quilted onto most of them.
A couple have all over meandering or swirls.

 


May the Peace that passes all understanding keep our hearts and minds today.
(Philippians 4:7)


 
 
 

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we all need peace - nice work

Sara said...

Beautiful. I love your tradition of sharing a small patriotic project with those you love.

straythreads said...

May peace be with you

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love these; peace to you, my friend!

Vicki in MN said...

That's a great word for this year! I love that you made some vertical and some horizontal.

kupton52 said...

...and may His peace cover you and your family...(and all your polka dots). :) Blessings...hugs...and love to you, dear heart.

Churn Dash said...

I particularly love the vertical ones. It would be interesting to see the new ones with the ones from previous years - I love seeing them all.

Helen