"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

MORE Baby Quilts!

At the end of last year, I knew that the first couple of months
would be filled with making baby quilts.
We have four friends and family having babies in April!
What I didn't know was that three of the showers would be in February!

You know what that means....
pedal to the metal!

Quilts number 2 and 3 are well on their way to being finished.
(Quilt #1 was finished last week. )




This is actually quilt #3.
Last year I made this same quilt and had cut the parts
to make a much larger quilt, but made a baby size instead.
Out came the bag of parts and the blocks were made.
The bonus is I cleared out another pile from my Hidey Hole
by using these parts for another quilt!
Woohoo!!



This is my kind of baby quilt!
This design is so fun and super easy to make.



The quilting will begin after quilt #2 is finished.



Here is the middle of quilt #2...




Triangle quilts are one of my favorites to make.
The middle is done, but I needed to order fabric for the border.
That arrived yesterday, so this one will be finished by the shower
on Sunday!

The fourth baby quilt has been planned and will be started
after these three are done.
That one isn't needed until April.
I do have a wedding in March,
so a Christmas Tree skirt will need to be made for the
bride and groom.

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like all these nice bright colors you used all of them look so cute they will be loved for sure

Preeti said...

All those babies are so lucky to be wrapped up in your snuggly and cuddly quilts. I love the fabric choices - so bright and colorful. It will provide hours of fun during tummy time.

Julie said...

You are just amazing with all the projects you are working on. What fun and lucky babies!

Needled Mom said...

Those bright colors are so wonderful for babies.

kupton52 said...

Such sweet quilts! Of course, I don't think I've ever met a baby quilt I didn't like...goes with the territory I suppose! Thanks for posting this....it reminded me that I so loved the Simply Woven baby quilt you did earlier and found the free pattern on the Moda site...downloaded it, saved it, and promptly forgot about it. So I'm printing it off today and am going to stitch one up! Thanks for the reminder! Is there anything else I've forgotten, Ramona? I'll wait for an answer to that question! Have a great day....cold and windy here. Hope your weather is much calmer. (In looking back over your 2019 finishes I was a bit envious....for a busy lady you had quite a large number of finishes! Well done! I want to be you when I grow up!)