"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, February 17, 2020

Baby Quilt for Ethan is Finished!

The third baby quilt for the month of February
is finished except for the label.
Woohoo!!

This one went together more quickly
because the parts were cut already.
Last summer I had cut the parts to make a
big quilt using the Simply Woven pattern
and decided to make two small quilts instead.
The first baby quilt was gifted last summer.

The second quilt is done and will be gifted
at a baby shower at the end of the month.




This pattern works so well with all of my bright colored fabrics.
I found a white with black pindots for the background
that worked perfectly.

 


As much as I dislike pressing the seams open when
quilting, it was so important to do with these blocks.
Very few seams would have nested otherwise,
making for a bumpy quilt!

 

The label will be added and this quilt will be ready for
delivery on the 29th.

One more baby quilt to go and I'll be done with baby quilts for a while....
I think!!

I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.


Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that quilt - we had a baby Ethan in our family once but at school there were way too many Ethan's in class and he decided to start to use his middle name in kindergarten so now he is grown up in the army and still uses the name Utah - it took me years to get used to not calling him Ethan

Nann said...

Bright and fun! The teeny-dot fabric is just right for the background.

straythreads said...

Wow! So many dots. At a glance it looks 3 dimensional with the long and short strips love it
And yes we need to design bright fabrics

Churn Dash said...

I made a quilt using that pattern once. I felt that it is both easier and harder than it looks! It looks fabulous in those bright dots.

Helen

Needled Mom said...

I love this one. The brights are so much fun for babies. Ethan (and his mom) will love it.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That pattern is really great for those bright colors!! A baby will love it!!

Vicki in MN said...

What a great scrap buster! It is just a pain to press open isn't it, but it really does help.

Kim said...

Another beautiful baby quilt created by your clever hands. I am always amazed as to how quickly you seem to whip up your quilts. Why, you put me to shame. =)

Christina said...

Beautiful quilt finish! I agree that the pattern really lets the bright fabrics shine. Congrats on a wonderful finish!