"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, September 6, 2019

Woven Baby Quilt Finish

Get your sunglasses ready because I have a
bright and happy quilt to show you today!
I started this quilt a few months ago
and needed to quilt it.
The baby for whom it was made will be
here at the end of the month,
and it needs to be mailed,
so I needed to get in gear and get it quilted.

I ordered a fun backing and went to work once it was delivered.

This quilt is made with the Simply Woven pattern.




I have had this pile of primary colored fabrics for a while,
just waiting for the right project.
When I saw this pattern,
I knew this would be fun with all of the geometrics
and polka dots.




I cut enough strips to make a second quilt
and will do that once some other things are done.

 



This one will be sent to Florida and will sure show up
on the beach down there.
I've had to delay the shipping with the pending storm, though.

 


The quilting was simple...a swirl with bright 
yellow thread.

 

Isn't the backing fun?
I used it for the binding, too.


Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

You weren't kidding! The baby will love all the contrast and bright colors.

Ellen said...

Such a fun and happy quilt - love it!

Sara said...

The whole quilt is very cute and that backing is wonderful. This one will be loved.

Rebecca said...

Love the backing.... Its sew purrfect for the colors and straight lines of the front

Kim said...

This gorgeous quilt will welcome the new baby with a bright and happy smile. Fabulous fabrics both on the front and the backing. The quilting is great, too.

straythreads said...

Is that ever a fun quilt !!! Love those bright colors another overcast day here.
Beautiful !!

Preeti said...

Love love love this quilt - so happy and so colorful.