"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, September 20, 2019

October Wedding Gift Finished

As those who follow me know,
I make Christmas tree skirts for wedding gifts
when it's appropriate.

A good friend of my daughter's is getting married
next month and the tree skirt is finished!



This pattern has been used for several tree skirts
and, unfortunately, is not available anymore.
It was a Moda Bakeshop pattern that I am unable to find
online. Thankfully I printed it off several years ago.

 


The pattern uses a layer cake and goes 
together quickly.
The fabrics are much richer and prettier in person
than the photos are showing.

 


I'm still deciding if I'm going to put the ties on this one.
A friend has made a couple of tree skirts
without the ties and then I realized that I don't
tie them on my tree skirt.
I will add those today if I decide they are needed.

I can check this off of my list now. :)

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

It's beautiful and those rich fabrics are so gorgoeus I am sure. I have some similar in my stash and my customers seem to love them. They are so hard to photograph to get the pretties to show.

Debbie said...

I really like how this turned out. The gold in the fabrics really makes it sparkle and gives it an elegant touch. Great pattern. I also am not sure whether to add ties or velcro closures.

Rebecca Grace said...

I recognize some of those beautiful fabrics! Yes, they are even more gorgeous in person. You're so right about the ties! It's not like the skirt is going to run away if it isn't tied to the tree, and it's not an easy feat to crawl under a Christmas tree to tie them either! Beautiful job; what a lovely wedding gift.