A year ago this month I started making the blocks
for a log cabin quilt for my sister.
I had decided to destash my reproduction fabrics
because they just aren't my thing and I had a lot of them!
I began cutting them into 1 1/2" strips to make this quilt.
The blocks were made and the top was pieced
and then it sat....
and sat and sat.
Finally, in May I sent it off to be quilted.
I had considered quilting it myself on my sewing machine
and then reality set in, thank goodness!
If I had tried to quilt this monster quilt myself,
I would have ended up bald, with two bad shoulders,
having to repent for language used
and with a smashed up sewing machine.
Instead, I have this....
This quilt is HUGE!!!
It's a ginormous king.
I'm not actually sure of the size at this point,
but it will definitely be large enough
for my sister's king bed.
She loves these colors and fabrics
and is excited to get it.
I told her I might have it done by October!
It has been trimmed and the binding is being stitched
to the back now.
This is going to take a while!
The quilter did a beautiful job.
I just wanted something simple and she nailed it.
It will be wonderful to finish this quilt and remove
it from my list.
It will be at your house soon, Rhonda!