"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Borders on the Sealife Quilt

Things have been busy around here,
so not much has happened in my Hidey Hole.
We traveled to California to visit with my 
younger daughter and her husband for a few days last week
and had a wonderful time.
They took us to Lake Tahoe for the day
and it was gorgeous!
The water was way too cold for this Virginian,
but it sparkled and shimmered and was beautiful to look at.

I have done a little sewing and managed to get the borders sewn
onto the latest sealife quilt.




The same fabric in the big blocks was used for the outer border.
It looks like the fish are swimming under the sashing and narrow border. 

 


I need to give this another good press and it will be ready to baste.
Quilting ideas have not come to me yet.

 


There is a lot of this sealife fabric left.
I'm trying to decide if I'll use it for the backing
or if I'll make another quilt with it.

 


Once finished,
this will be given to a dear friend.

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice way to use a large print fabric it is very pretty and eye catching

Needled Mom said...

That looks so nice. She is going to love her quilt.

OPQuilt said...

Beautiful job on playing up the sealife colors with your inserted blocks. It's so nice to get the "top finished" stage. Congratulations!

Vicki in MN said...

Loving the beauty of the sea creatures. How about some swirls to represent water for the quilting.

Julie said...

What fun! I love this quilt and you did a beautiful job as always. I love the assortment of blocks. I am glad you had a great time in California. I probably would have gone in the lake, I am used to cold water lakes and rivers!