"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, July 22, 2019

Challah Cover

A good friend of my daughters' is getting married next month.
My usual gift of a Christmas tree skirt would not be appropriate
as this friend is Jewish.

I found a pattern for a Challah cover and decided this would make a nice gift.

My daughter asked that I make it in the wedding colors and I set to work.





The pattern had more flowers around the letters,
but I liked this simpler look.

 



I started to hand applique the design,
but realized it would take a while.
I machine appliqued it instead and am
very happy with the results.



The back looks so cool!
I'm going to take this to my daughter this weekend
and she will deliver it to the bride.


Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good idea! good thing you knew she is Jewish

Vicki in MN said...

Nicely done with the simpler version, having more flowers would detract from the center too much I think. BTW thanks for your comment on my Snowman topper tutorial!

Debbie said...

What a great idea to substitute a tree skirt for a Challah cover. I really like your design and execution. Beautifully done!

Ruth said...

What a lovely idea!

straythreads said...

beautiful and especially beautiful quilting

Sara said...

Beautiful and thoughtful gift.

sandi s said...

It’s beautiful! Hugs,

Needled Mom said...

That is a beautiful substitute for the tree skirt. I love the elegant simplicity of it. Another gift that will be cherished!

Julie said...

That is a great gift and beautifully done!

Rebecca Grace said...

What a beautiful, thoughtful gift! Mazel tov to the happy couple!