"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, May 31, 2019

Pillows and Such

Things have been slow in my Hidey Hole
since I returned from my trip to China.
I haven't been motivated to do too much.
Maybe it's because my schedule was off,
but I'm back on east coast time and sleeping normally again.

This week I've finished up a couple of odds and ends
and cut the fabric for a new quilt.

A couple of months ago
I made a Christmas tree skirt for a wedding gift.
In making this tree skirt,
I had some big pieces left
and couldn't just throw them away.




I started playing around with the scraps and made this table topper.
My mom loves it, so it's going to her!


In March my mom, sister and 2 sisters-in-law
met in Pennsylvania for a girls weekend.
We had a blast!
While we were out and about my sister found some dish towels
she really liked and asked if I could make her some pillows 
out of them.

This week the pillows were made and are ready to pass onto her.




The thing with making pillows from some dish towels
is that the design is printed closer to the bottom
of the towel rather then more in the middle.
I like to make 18" pillows,
so the design isn't centered.
I think these turned out cute
and I love the sayings on them.

 
 


This one is my favorite.

 


I had this fabric in my stash.
It's my sisters style and she loves these colors.
Woohoo!!


The new quilt I started is a baby quilt for a little one due in September.





You know me....bright and bold for a baby quilt!
 I need to get a couple of solid reading fabrics to add to this
collection.  All of these fabrics have been aging in my 
stash and were ready to come out and play.


 



The pattern was a free one from Moda Bake Shop,
but it isn't coming up right now.
I'm not able to find it on the designer's blog, either.

Here is what the finished quilt will look like.


(Image taken from the internet.)


That's it for now!
It's nice to be back into the sewing groove
after being gone for a few weeks.

Happy Quilting!





8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Lucky baby!!! I love that pattern but haven't tried it yet. Do you have any hints on makin it?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all the things you show today!

Debbie said...

Love that pattern and your fabrics. Another lucky baby!

Kim said...

The baby quilt sings with colour and pattern...it is going to be fabulous. Those cushions are sweet. I rather like the patterns sitting at the bottom of each pillow. The border fabric is a lovely touch. It's hard to get into the groove after you have been travelling.

Vicki in MN said...

Nice to see projects from you again, those made great pillows-fast and satisfying projects.
Your baby quilt will be so fun to see with all the great brights!

Needled Mom said...

I love those cute pillows from dish towels. The colors and pattern for the baby quilt are fabulous. I printed off that pattern too, thinking it would be such a fun one to make. Looking forward to seeing yours. Glad Mr. Mojo reappeared.

Julie said...

Cute pillows and that is going to be a great quilt! I love bright colors!

chrisknits said...

Cute everything! One way to use the dish towels with the uneven centering is to border the motifs with fabric, just like you would on a quilt.