"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Utilitarian Quilt Finish

This quilt I just finished is by no means
one of the prettier quilts I've made,
but it will be well loved, I'm sure.

My sister in law gave me a couple of boxes of
colored jeans a couple of years ago to use in quilts.
I made one for them right away and she loves it.
Her grands can play with it, drag it around,
take it outside, spill things on it
and she doesn't worry at all.

When I had cut apart the jeans, I used my
Accuquilt cutter and cut a bunch of bricks.
Some of these bricks have now been made into another jeans quilt.



It's not a fancy quilt, but it will be durable.
 I just straight line quilted it with my walking foot and used
the blue denim for the binding.
It's the first time I've sewn the binding to the back
and turned it to the front and stitched it down with the machine.



This fun flannel looks so cute on the back and makes it soft.
I did not use any batting as it was heavy enough.


This will be delivered soon and put to use right away,
I'm sure.

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That must be one heavy quilt!! I love all the different colors of denim. How did the denim binding work? It looks nice, but was it really tough getting it applied? I can't imagine trying to get that through the machine for quilting, but you did a great job on it.

chrisknits said...

What a great use of a useful fabric! It will be a workhorse.

time4stitchn said...

Question: when piecing with denim, do you still use 1/4 inch seam allowance. And before quilting, do you press seams open or toward the denim?

Love the quilt with the denim and flannel! Such a comfy one!