"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Four Blocks Short!

A few weeks ago at Quilt Camp I made all of the blocks
for a Log Cabin quilt.
Or at least I thought I had made them all!
I know I counted the stack at least three times and was sure
I had the 81 blocks needed to make this quilt.

Well,
I finally had time to lay them out on the floor last night.




How did this happen?
I'm four blocks short!
UGH!!
I will have to get out the box of strips and start piecing again.




So close and yet so far.

Hopefully the remaining four blocks will be made soon
and this top will be put together by the end of the week.

Four blocks!
I guess I need to go back to kindergarten and learn out to count.
:( 
Maybe four blocks were left somewhere,
but I've looked through all that I took with me.
Oh well...

Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

Libby in TN said...

If it were me, those 4 blocks would show up as soon as I made 4 more and got the top together! If that happens, they will make great potholders.

vincenzo126 said...

Its a gorgeous quilt...just 4 blocks more!!
-Jean💟

chrisknits said...

Well shoot! But I am sure you will knock them out in no time. It will be gorgeous!

Suze said...

What a bummer! At least you have what you need to make the blocks to finish the quilt. It would really be devastating if you didn't have the fabric to complete the blocks. Good luck and I'm sure it will be done in a jiffy.

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh, I feel your pain!! I hope those blocks turn up.

Needled Mom said...

Even with four blocks short, it is a gorgeous quilt. Great job.

Robin said...

What a lovely quilt, Ramona. I love your fabric choices. I made a quilt for my son when he went to Kuwait for Iraqi Freedom. I made a drunkards path quilt with a square for every day he was gone. After the quilt was finished and sent to him he called saying I was 10 days short. What?!!!! I had counted and re-counted. So I searched my sewing room and sure enough I found 10 more squares. He sent the quilt back and I appliqued the squares on the back. My math skills were okay and so were my misplacement skills.

kupton52 said...

.....and I could almost guarantee you if I'd counted the quilt blocks I would have gotten, 79, 81, 80....etc.....lol. I do wonder if someone went home with 85 blocks! You'll have those 4 blocks done in no time! The quilt will be beautiful.

Julie said...

I hope you find your missing blocks, if not you will have new ones made in no time. The quilt is gorgous, alhtough I didn't think you were big on scrap quilts. It's got a great palette of fabrics.

Vicki in MN said...

At least it sounds like you have fabric to make more;) I absolutely love this one!!

time4stitchn said...

Gorgeous quilt. You pieced it very well. I am so happy you now have your last four blocks. Yeah!! Onto to the final construction!