"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, March 16, 2018

Pods and Pillows

This week has been a bit disjointed for me,
but I did manage to find some time to spend in my Hidey Hole.
 In this disjointed time, I was able to get a couple of smaller things finished.

Yesterday a friend and I went to another friends house and 
she taught us how to make the "Sweetpea Pods".
These little pouches are so cute
and go together so quickly!




Two 10" squares make two of these little pouches
and go together in no time....
once you get the zipper pull back onto the zipper, that is!

 


Mary, my friend who gave us the tutorial,
gave me one for Christmas and it's perfect for
keeping my binding clips stored.

I should have taken a photo of her bowl of pods!
They looked so pretty and festive on her counter.


Last night, while watching March Madness, 
(for which my bracket is already not looking too good!)
I finished the two pillows for my daughter and son-in-law.
They need the forms, but the covers are finished!




The colors in the photos for this pillow are not right.
The background fabric has more green than is showing here.
None the less, I am really happy with this combo of fabrics.

 


These pillows are BIG!
I said in the previous post that they are 24" square,
but they are actually 26" square.

 


The pattern I used was found in a magazine years ago
and I don't have the name or edition number of the magazine.
Prairie points surround the outer borders.

 

I will get the pillow forms and send these to her...
or may hand deliver them myself!

Have a great weekend, everyone
and
Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Ah-ha! Prairie points, I thought so. They are both lovely!

straythreads said...

Such cute little pouches Pillow tops are beautiful

Sara said...

Love those pillows!!

My SDSU Jackrabbit men lost a heartbreaker to Ohio State yesterday. The Jackrabbit women play this evening. We also attend a lot of games for the NAIA Division II teams at our local college. Those Dakota Wesleyan University women won the national title on Tuesday in Sioux City, and we actually drove down for the last 2 games. It was exciting!

Vicki in MN said...

Hey if you get something finished that is what counts or at least find time to work on something:)

Julie said...

Great job on the pillows! My team has made it to the Sweet Sixteen, but I haven't paid attention to any other team! The little pouches are cute.

Needled Mom said...

Those pillows are beautiful and prairie points finish everything off so beautifully. I LOVE those little pouches too.