"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Blooming Burst of Color

I just put the finishing stitches in this Blooming Nine Patch.
The blocks were sewn into rows
and the rows are now sewn into a quilt top.

And it is one bright, fun quilt!




I, obviously, have not trimmed the edges yet.
I was so excited to have the top sewn together,
I just had to share quickly!

 

 My husband said if I put this on our bed,
we won't need a night light!
I'm just trying to help him out!  :D



 The backing fabric has not been purchased yet.
A friend suggested polka dots.
You know I LOVE polka dots,
so that's what I will look for to finish this wild quilt.




As I've mentioned in previous posts,
this was a kit.
It's the third blooming nine patch I've made
and, by far, my favorite!

The pattern can be found in the book
"Tradition with a Twist"
by Blanche Young and Dalene Young Stone.

I did alter the pattern, but the idea is the same.

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is very pretty, I think with the colors though that I would have had a hard time with layout - not being able to notice mistakes? but seeing as this was your third you most likely were very familiar with it.

Sara said...

This is stunning!! I just love the color choices and how it "blooms".

viridian said...

That looks like Kaffe Fasset fabric? Wow, congrats on getting to a top.

chrisknits said...

It is simply GORGEOUS! Sorry for shouting, but I really love this top.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

The colours you chose blend beautifully, it's gorgeous.

Vasudha said...

This is such a gorgeous quilt. Love the blend of warm and lively colors!

Vicki in MN said...

I concur with your hubby, I was thinking sunglasses would be needed, hehe. It is truly a beauty my friend!!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely stunning. Your colors are magnificent. I’m gonna do one and I think this one is my favorite