I put this quilt top together back in the spring of 2016.
And then it waited and waited for me to quilt it.
Rarely do I have a quilt top hanging around for that long,
waiting to be quilted.
but once a top is finished, it's usually quilted fairly quickly.
this baby quilt is finished!
I saw this pattern on pinterest a long time ago
and loved the prairie points long the outer border.
Once it was made, I was concerned that they would
not stay sharp once the quilt was laundered.
A friend suggested that I sew buttons in the middle
of each point.
That would be super cute, and I even bought the buttons,
but then it couldn't be used as a baby quilt.
When I started quilting this the other day,
I decided to quilt the prairie points down with a little swirl.
Now it can be laundered and not mess up the points.
A niece is having her fourth child in March.
This one may be going to her for her new little one.
On another note,
I've been sewing the blocks together for "On Ringo Lake"
and laid all of the parts out together in piles.
Somehow... and I counted the units out into piles of 10...
I am 6 units short for Clue 5 and one unit short for clue 7.
I'll be getting those made this afternoon,
so I won't have to stop when I get to the last few blocks.
Piles of units to be sewn into the blocks.
I hope everyone is warm and safe and sewing away in this frigid weather.