We have friends who are expecting their first baby in August...
You know that meant a baby quilt needed to be made!
The top has been finished for a while,
and I finished sewing the binding on it today.
A bright, fun, happy quilt for a new little girl.
I quilted "modern" flowers on it and am pretty pleased
with my efforts.
(Just don't look too closely! :D)
As I have mentioned recently, making the backing is my least favorite
part of quilting. I didn't have enough of the lavender fabric for the back,
so decided to use some of the extra squares and HST's to make it big enough.
I have to say, I love the back!
It's difficult to see, but I had made the backing longer then I needed,
so I was able to cut some binding strips from the extra.
The binding has little sections of the squares and HST fabric interspersed
along the way.
I am making progress on the other baby quilt I am making.
The triangles are all sewn together...
...and it's trimmed.
Now I need to sew the borders on to this.
Aren't those daisy's just too cute and happy!
This little quilt makes me smile.