"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Log Cabin Blocks and Something New

I've kind of stalled on making the blocks for
"Amish with a Twist II"....
The last set of blocks are Log Cabin blocks and I
need 36 of them.

Eight are made with light and dark strips.


These eight are finished.
The remaining 28 blocks are being made with medium and dark strips.
I'm not quite half way on those..
hopefully they will be done in the next few days!


(My camera is not working properly, so I am using my iPhone
and do not like the photos at all. Hopefully my camera will be back in action soon!)


Next week I am going to be teaching three of my friends to quilt!
None have done any kind of quilting and really want to make baby quilts.

I am playing with a pattern to see if this is doable with the newbie quilters.


This will be the body of the quilt.
I imagine their fabrics will be a bit more serene than what
I am using.
:)

 

I had all of these fabrics in my stash and thought they would make
a bright, fun baby quilt.
As far as I'm concerned,
you can't go wrong with polka dots!
 

The pinwheels will be sewn together and then the borders will be added.
It will be a fun time with my friends...
hopefully soon to be quilting friends!

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Can't go wrong with dots OR pinwheels! Love the background fabric. What method are you going to use for their pinwheels? Don't forget to remind them that pinwheels can spin in both directions!

PS: I appreciate your comments on my June OMG. Your comments don't show up in either of my emails now.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh lucky you getting to teach friends, I hope they love it as much as we do! Oh yes love dots too!!

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE that background fabric for the pinwheels. The log cabin quilt is really going to be pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing the blocks with the mediums.