"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, May 5, 2016

What to do...what to make?



While I was digging through my stash a few weeks ago,
I found this piece of fabric that has been in my cabinet for years.
I don't remember why I bought it or what I was going to make with it,
but it was something big.
There are yards of this fabric...not just fat quarters.


My youngest daughter loves fish and the ocean,
so I was probably going to make something for her.
She has cut me off from giving her any more quilts
until she is out of an apartment,
so I had to think of something else to make.

Then I saw the repeat in the pattern.
And a thought popped into my head.

I cut four repeats,
stacked them on top of each other,
cut 5" strips and then 5" squares.

Then the fun began...


I placed the squares together in kaleidoscope fashion....
turning the pieces to see which way looked the coolest.

 

We have fish spinning,
Coral gathering in the middle,
turtles swimming in circles...
 

All kinds of things were happening in these blocks.


It's going to be a wild, crazy and colorful quilt!
I'm thinking of either a lime green or orange polka dot
inner border and then an outer border of the fish fabric.
We shall see if that just puts it over the top once all of the blocks
are sewn together.

Hopefully it won't make us all seasick!


Happy Quilting!


5 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow! That is one wild and crazy quilt! Gotta love kaleidoscope designs. I bet it was a blast seeing how each one was going to turn out :*).

Libby in TN said...

That's what I thought you must have originally intended to do with that much of a fabric like that. I love kaleidoscopes!

Sara said...

Too cute! That design is a perfect choice. Maybe she'll relax the "no more quilts" rule once she sees it.

kupton52 said...

Very nice....the first thing I thought of when I saw the fabric was Stack n' Whack. It's very pretty...up close and at a distance. You've made me want to check out my stash for oldiesbutgoodies now!

straythreads said...

love what you did with that fabric Its so simple and looks so complex