"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, October 2, 2015

First October Friday


It's been a rainy, dreary week here....
a good week for working on inside projects.
I've cleaned out some cabinets,
boxed up some books
and
worked in my Hidey Hole!
 
A few months ago I made this top with some
Anna Marie Horner fabrics.
 
 
I love the pinwheels and snowballs made from 5" squares.
This quilt top looks like ribbon candy to me.
When looking for fabric for the borders, 
I could not find what I liked and wanted to use.
The fabrics were too "Blah."

Finally I found this.


The floral piece is an Anna Marie Horner piece and pulls out
all of the colors of the pinwheels.
 

I love the aqua stop border. There is a lot of aqua in the blocks and
it really pulls out the bright color... my favorite!


This is one bright and happy quilt!



I also have a knitting finish!


My black and gold socks are ready for basketball season!


Please visit Patchwork Times and Whoop Whoop Friday to see
what others are creating.

Happy Friday!

10 comments:

Libby in TN said...

So often a quilt top will tell you what it needs. You listened, you looked, you waited, and you found the perfect border! Is that a published pattern?

straythreads said...

It looks like a garden full of flowers and the aqua is perfect. Well done and great finish of the socks
have a good weekend
Ann

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Great border print for Ribbon Candy - really pulls all the colors together.

ClotheslineCottons said...

The blocks do look like ribbon candy! I enjoy seeing bright and cheery colors in quilts, yours is very pretty!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful quilt and I really like the bright socks!

Lara B. said...

My first thought was ribbon candy too, LOL. You found the perfect border fabric. It doesn't overwhelm the wonderful blocks and it does a great job of pulling out the colors. Love it Ramona!
Cute tiger socks too!

Preeti said...

What a lovely celebration of color. Thank you for sharing.
http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Dar said...

Great border fabric for your ribbon candy quilt. You found the key to success with the aqua inner border too. Really like your tiger stripe socks. They would be perfect for me here since we are Mizzou fans. (University of Missouri tigers)!! Who makes that yarn?

Judy S. said...

Nice quilt and fun socks. I just finished a pair of short socks using leftovers; thankfully there was enough yarn, but I was holding my breath for a while.

Lynette said...

What a fun quilt! Very neat how the color plays in it. Terrific border fabric that's not boring, but doesn't fight with the center - a team player for sure, who knows how to be beautiful without upstaging the star. :)