"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Box of Warmth

Those who have read my blog for any length of time
know that I love to knit socks.
I have gifted socks to my family and friends
and am still knitting socks.

Last winter I read about a 
Native American reservation in
South Dakota
that is in dire need of warm clothing items,
especially for their children.

The knitting of socks continued and today
I will be mailing a box of warm socks to this reservation.


I freeze in the winter.
This is with a heated home, warm clothes
and living in Virginia.
 

I can't imagine how cold some of the children in
South Dakota must be... every day during the winter.
 

I realized that I need to knit some socks for the boys.
I love the bright colors, but boys' feet get cold, too!
 

Enjoy your day and send warm thoughts to those in South Dakota.

Happy Creating!

4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Very thoughtful of you. And such fun colors!

Julie said...

Wow, those are amazing! A friend's daughter taught on one of the South Dakota Reservations for two years. She moved to a different school this year. Several of us were sending stuff she requested for her classroom and students. Thank you for taking your time to do this!

Sara said...

Lovely socks and I really like how you packaged them. I live in SD and have worked in the schools on several of our reservations. There is always a high need as the poverty is so wide-spread.

straythreads said...

You are such an angel