"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, February 12, 2024

Bubbles and Dots

 This must be the year for pulling out fabrics
from my stash and finally using them.
I have had this piece of "Effervescence" in my cabinet
for several years and just didn't know what to make with it.
 
 
 
 
 
I wanted something that would show all of the fun colors
in the piece and not be overwhelming.
 
 
 Then I thought of this design.
 

 
 
The Effervescence fabric paired with Tula Pinks gray Hexies and solids
is so fun!
I just had to purchase a few of the solid fabrics to make these blocks.
There will be two more rows of blocks added to the top and bottom
and it will be finished.
Once the other blocks are made, things will be rearranged a bit.

Bubbles and Dots and bright colors make my heart sing.

Happy Quilting!



7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Beautiful - perfect fabric for that quilt

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a great use for the fabric and one of my favorite blocks.

Debbie said...

So Fun! I love the bubble fabric and what you did with it!

Vicki W said...

That is fabulous! I had not seen that fabric before.

Vicki in MN said...

This bright fun one will make anyone's heart sing, so pretty!

time4stitchn said...

Love the combination of Tula's gray for the background. Do you have to fussy cut the large half square triangles to match the smaller ones? I love the all over design; it is so bright and happy!

straythreads said...

That’s like an explosion of color on a snowy day. Beautiful