"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, May 1, 2023

Pineapple Quilt is Finished!

 After working on this quilt on and off for over 2 years,
the quilt my husband made me make is finally finished!
The reason I call the quilt this is because when I started making 
the pineapple blocks, I had only planned on making enough
for a wall hanging.
My husband came into my hidey hole and saw it hanging on my
design wall and said it would make a really nice quilt for our bed.
At that point I started teasing him and telling people
he made me make the quilt.

I am not sorry at all!!


 
 
I started out with a jelly roll of batiks and quickly
realized that I would need more fabric...
a LOT more fabric!
 

 
 
The collection of blue and green batiks began
and blocks were slowly made.
 
 

 
 
Throw in a move for us, two moves for my daughter,
two moves for my mom and other things
and progress halted for a while.
I decided this would be my quilt camp project
for last fall and the rest of the blocks were made.



 
 
I used the Pineapple block ruler from Creative Grids
and really liked the precision that gave me.
 
 

 
 
I sent it off to Rebecca Grace at
Rebecca Grace Quilting and she worked her
beautiful magic on it.
The binding was the perfect finish for this quilt.
 
It isn't on our bed yet because we are having our bathroom
redone and things are a MESS.
Hopefully it will be on the bed soon.
Then I will need to decide what to do about pillows.
 
I am linking to Design Wall Monday.


Happy Quilting!
 
 


12 comments:

Sara said...

It's spectacular, and well worth all the time spent on it. Bet your husband really loves it.

Libby in TN said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I admire your tenacity.

time4stitchn said...

What a wonderful finish of your pineapple quilt. I absolutely love the color pallet. You must have made a zillion blocks. And the thin sashing is really great on it. The quilting is an unusual design but makes it flow and compliments the piecing. Awesome job! Some quilts are just slow projects.

Vicki in MN said...

It turned out fabulous! I have that ruler also, but have only played with a couple blocks, it was fun to do!

Debbie said...

A fantastic finish! I bought the Creative Grids ruler for the pineapple block...haven't tried it yet. One of my friends made two wonderful quilts using the ruler.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This quilt is so beautiful! There is just enough variety in the blues and greens to make it lively.

Vicki W said...

It is spectacular!

Judy Hansen said...

Ramona, well done! It is a beautiful quilt, and will make you smile every time you go into your bedroom. The pineapple quilt square is hard for me, and I have some squares put away in a UFO somewhere. You are inspiring me to get the squares out and finish it. Thanks!
Hugs, Judy

Mary said...

It is stunning, Ramona. The colors are gorgeous.

straythreads said...

I have been so busy quilting I need to catch up on your quilting and wow have you been busy! This is gorgeous!

karenbbsnow said...

Wow, wow, WOWWWWW!!! Stunning.

Beth B said...

Stunning is definitely appropriate. Love it all - the pattern, colors, binding and quilting.