"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, January 27, 2023

Gridster Pumpkin Patch Top Finished

 I've mentioned before that I belong to a Quilting Bee
made up of 12 women from around the country.
Each month one of us is Queen Bee.
Last year my month was November and
I asked the other bee mates to make a pumpkin block
I had altered a bit using a pattern 
by Dodi Poulson for Landauer Publishers.
It was a free pattern, but I asked permission to use it for this.

Well, my bee mates outdid themselves with their blocks.
I asked them to have fun making the pumpkins
and they came up with some beauties!

Over the last few days I free motion stitched the stems onto 
each block, trimmed them down and played with sashing fabrics.

The top is now completed and I could not be happier with it.


 
 
Look at this pumpkin patch!
Aren't they all so fun?
 

 
 
My original plan was to use a bright fall leaves fabric
for the sashing and borders,
but it really took away from the pumpkins.
This fabric has been in my stash since before I had
a stash... before I started quilting in 2002!
I was going to make a tablecloth with it and never did.
 
 

 
 
The creativeness of my bee mates just amazed me.
The quilt was going to have more blocks,
but this is large enough!
I have three more blocks that I made
and will use those for something else.
 
 

 
 
Backing fabric has been ordered and once it's here
I'll send it off to be quilted.
 
 

 
 
These vines were fun to sew!
 
Fall is not my favorite season,
but it will be much prettier now that I have this quilt to use.
 
I'm linking to "Confessions of a Fabric Addict" today.
 
 
Happy Quilting!


15 comments:

Libby in TN said...

WOW! The work and originality in those blocks is fantastic. You are a lucky beemate.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a cute quilt for fall, bright colorful pumpkins

Andra Ridout said...

What a great quilt! Lots of love and creativity in there. I love fall!

Podunk Pretties said...

Oh my goodness what a creative bunch! Gorgeous blocks!

Vicki W said...

What a great collection of blocks (and friends)! It's a really lovely quilt.

Sara said...

What a fun and creative set of pumpkin blocks! Wow!!

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh my gosh, Ramona -- this is my favorite fall pumpkin quilt project that I have ever seen!! I love the variety of techniques used for each pumpkin yet it's still very cohesive. I think I recognize your well-aged border and sash fabric, too. I might have used it as backing fabric on one of my own very early Fall quilts! :-). Congratulations!

Debbie said...

Love it so much!

Vicki in MN said...

Congrats on getting this to flimsy stage, you will have something to look forward to fallnow (even if it isn't your favorite season)!

Astrid said...

WOW! What a gorgeous pumpkin quilt! Love all those different pumpkins, such great variety! It sure will brighten up your wall/room next fall.

Needled Mom said...

That turned out beautifully. Those pumpkins are all so creative and fun. The sashing/border fabric is a perfect compliment to the pumpkins. Love the vines too.

time4stitchn said...

Love your Pumpkin Patch! Each block is so amazing and they all look great together. Your applique stitching looks amazing. Hooray for your finish!

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic pumpkin patch you have. Tell your bee mates (from your readers) how fantastic they did. Their creativity is wonderful. Maybe you can make a table runner with the other three blocks. You've done a fabulous job finish each pumpkin.

straythreads said...

Everyone did a wonderful job. What a special quilt

straythreads said...

Everyone did a wonderful job. What a special quilt