I've mentioned before that I belong to a Quilting Bee
made up of 12 women from around the country.
Each month one of us is Queen Bee.
Last year my month was November and
I asked the other bee mates to make a pumpkin block
I had altered a bit using a pattern
by Dodi Poulson for Landauer Publishers.
It was a free pattern, but I asked permission to use it for this.
Well, my bee mates outdid themselves with their blocks.
I asked them to have fun making the pumpkins
and they came up with some beauties!
Over the last few days I free motion stitched the stems onto
each block, trimmed them down and played with sashing fabrics.
The top is now completed and I could not be happier with it.
Look at this pumpkin patch!
Aren't they all so fun?
My original plan was to use a bright fall leaves fabric
for the sashing and borders,
but it really took away from the pumpkins.
This fabric has been in my stash since before I had
a stash... before I started quilting in 2002!
I was going to make a tablecloth with it and never did.
The creativeness of my bee mates just amazed me.
The quilt was going to have more blocks,
but this is large enough!
I have three more blocks that I made
and will use those for something else.
Backing fabric has been ordered and once it's here
I'll send it off to be quilted.
These vines were fun to sew!
Fall is not my favorite season,
but it will be much prettier now that I have this quilt to use.
I'm linking to "Confessions of a Fabric Addict" today.