"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, July 18, 2022

Kelly's Baby Quilt Blocks

 There are a number of quilts that I need to get quilted
and have not had the mojo to do this.
So, instead, I keep making quilt tops.

One of my daughters' college roommates is expecting
her first child in September,
so a quilt was started for this new one.
 
 
I saw this pattern in the American Quilters magazine and 
thought it would be perfect for a boy.
 
 


 
 As I was cutting the pieces, I decided to make
a small change to the pattern.
Instead of using all one color and making a ring,
I added another color and made it a bit different.


 
These are the blocks I ended up with for this quilt.
I made 20 for a baby quilt size,
shown below.
They are not in any kind of order yet,
just added to the wall as I finished them.



Then, as I often do, I turned my camera and took
a photo on an angle.



WOW!!

I really like this layout!




Here are most of the blocks turned on point.
I am going to remove two of the vertical rows
to make it a bit smaller and cut those
blocks in half for the setting triangles.
Again, the blocks are not in their final order.
 
It will percolate on the wall for a bit,
so I can be sure this is the design I want.
I will play with them to get them arranged
in a pleasing way and get them sewn together.
 
Now, I REALLY need to get a couple of tops quilted!
 
Happy Quilting!
 

6 comments:

Libby in TN said...

A big "YES" to on-point. Love your addition of color to the crosses, too.

Vicki W said...

So very cool! Love it on point.

Anonymous said...

Your quilt photos are being Stolen. Scanners are posting them on fb.

Rebecca Grace said...

That is going to be such an amazing baby quilt!!! I love the on point layout, the colors, and everything about it.

Needled Mom said...

I love the on point blocks. They appear to be spinning. Looking forward to seeing this one finished.

straythreads said...

Beautiful that will keep a baby happy and looking at the colors during tummy time.