"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, December 2, 2021

New Hidey Hole

 Progress on my new Hidey Hole has been very slow,
but there is progress!
 
Last week we went from this...
 
 


to this!!



It's a small room,
much smaller than my previous Hidey Hole,
but I will have a dedicated sewing room.
 
 


So you see the pillar in the photo above?
There were two of these.
Now there are none and this is happening!



I will have a wall with pocket doors!
It is very, very, VERY important to be able to close the doors
to my Hidey Hole!
 
For now, all of my things remain in the dining room
and sunroom.  Therefore, not much decorating is getting done.
Or sewing, for that matter.
 
One day very soon, I hope!
 
Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

Sara said...

Fabulous cabinets! Even with it being smaller, I’m sure you will love having it all organized and with doors.

Vicki in MN said...

OMG I want your white cabinets-all of them!!!! I dream of a studio like yours!! What size room is it? Will you be able to get all your stash in there?

Libby in TN said...

Lucky Girl! So nice to be able to design your space from an empty page, no matter the size. Looks like you have built a lot of efficiency into a small space.

Barb N said...

That is going to be a great space for you to stitch away to your heart's content. The sliding doors are perfect :)

kupton52 said...

I am SOOOOO happy for you! The room will be gorgeous, I'm sure. Love the cabinets and the island and I've always wanted pocket doors in my home. (Father-in-law and husband built house-they didn't share my enthusiasm for pocket doors. lol) Sorry I've been absent, family drama has cut my online time and most of my daily patience wayyyy down. Blessings...Merry Christmas and a wish for you and yours to have a blessed 2022! Love and hugs from WV!!!

Vicki W said...

Oh, that's going to be a lovely space for creating!

Needledmom said...

I love the room! Those cabinets are fantastic and I love your cutting table. You have so much nice wall space too - a good design wall???