"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Tidbits

 The summer of traveling continued last week
with a trip to Michigan.
In the last 6 weeks I've been in 17 states,
but I am finished for a while!
I am ready to get back into some kind of a routine
and get sewing regularly again.

While in Michigan, I had some time to do some handwork,
so I took along a couple of Bucilla ornament kits.
It felt really good to have some down time to work on these.
 
 


This ornament is for a friend who has a dog that looks just like this,
minus the tassels!
 
 

 

This ornament will be for my nephew who loves music.

 


This guy will find a home on someone's tree,
but I'm not sure whose yet.
There will be more of these made.
 
 
While we were in Michigan,
we found a really nice gallery shop
that represented a lot of artists.
 
On the counter was a big bowl of glass buttons.
My husband and I had the best time looking through this bowl
and came home with a few of the beauties.
 
 

A pattern and black linen have been ordered to make a blouse
for myself, using the 5 flashy buttons.
I'd like to make a quilted shawl and use the blue buttons,
but I need to design a pattern.
It's been a long time since I've sewn clothes for myself,
so we shall see how this goes.


Happy Quilting!

 

4 comments:

Sara said...

Adorable ornaments, especially the dog! I must admit I'm envious of your travel this summer. So far I've been no where further than my granddaughter's softball games 90 miles away. I've craving a real vacation.

Debbie said...

It is a gloomy morning at my house...so fun to see your cheery ornaments! Can't wait to see what you make to accessorize your glass buttons!

Vicki in MN said...

I always enjoy seeing your ornaments, they are just so darn cute!

Needled Mom said...

I always love seeing your cute ornaments. There is so much detail in them. Bet you are ready for a traveling break. Looking forward to seeing what you make with the buttons.