Before the big move, I had made all of the blocks for this quilt..
(There is a pattern and a youtube video showing how to make this pattern.)
In the midst of my move, I needed something to sew one day
and pulled these blocks out of the box.
I laid them out on my design floor and began sewing them into a top.
Well, somehow between the floor and the machine,
things were moved and switched and everything ended up into a mess.
The partially finished top went back into the box out of frustration.
Last week I decided it was time to spend some quality time with my seam ripper
and get this top finished.
I put a book on Hoopla to listen to and ripped away.
Here is the finished top.
Needless to say, I am very happy I decided to rip and
resew these blocks.
The black strips really makes these fabrics shine.
This is a tricky top in some ways because of all the bias
edges you have once the blocks are cut.
I starched the heck out of the blocks and that certainly helped.
This is not the border that pattern used, but I don't know
where all of my extra strips are from this top.
These pieces were cut from the left-overs from making the blocks
with the black corners added.
I can now check this off of my list and move on to another project
that has been in limbo land.
Last night I finished the Bucilla kit I have been working on lately.
All these need are the hangers and they are ready for a tree!
Happy Quilting and creating!