"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, September 14, 2020

Back From the Beach

For many of us, vacation plans have been canceled for this year.
We had a couple of trips planned that went by the wayside,
saving us a lot of money!
One place we could go and be safe was the beach.
We were able to reserve a condo right on the ocean,
I prepared and froze a lot of meals before we left,
and we were able to safely distance ourselves from others.

Two weeks on Hilton Head Island was heavenly!




This was our view while we were away.

 


And this is what we did a lot of while we were there!





One afternoon we took a drive through a wild life preserve and 
saw so many birds in the sea grasses.  Just beautiful.





We did arrange to have some family photo's taken on the beach.
Over the years I have been so bad about having photos taken of my family
and am so glad we could do it this time.



 


While looking at this gorgeous view,
I worked on a stocking for baby girl.
 
 

It was hard to not look at the ocean the whole time,
but Santa's face did get finished.

We have been home for 3 days and I haven't done one thing in my Hidey Hole yet.
I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do, 
but will get into the groove soon.

Happy Quilting!




9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice that you were able to keep one vacation! My husband is so paranoid he will barely even leave the house this year - not that I am running around but I think a couple days at a cabin or something would be nice but he isn't agreeing!

Libby in TN said...

Lovely family photo! My sister-in-law lives in Savannah and we always enjoy visiting that area. So glad you were finally able to get away for a break.

Sara said...

The smiles say it all. What a fun idea for family photos.

straythreads said...

Beautiful photo of the family! What a fun getaway. Hubby and I drove around the Hilton Head area years ago, it was a work related trip and in the winter but still lots of people on the beach, I thought it would be so much fun to spend a summer there. Thanks for sharing so I can take a mental vacation vicariously through you. Thanks also for your many comments on my blog.

kupton52 said...

You have a lovely family...so much love shows in the photo. I am so glad you had a chance to get away together. Blessings...and a quilty hug!

Vicki in MN said...

Oh Gosh Ramona, that sounds just heavenly. Wonderful that you got a family photo!

Needled Mom said...

You will treasure the memories and the photos forever. I love the family picture. Hmm....would that be for a SPECIAL baby girl? Santa is darling. My sewing mojo is slowly coming back.

Debbie said...

What a great trip! When Hubby and I were in Hawaii last January I arranged for a photo session on the beach but it rained all day for every day we were there!!! Just found out one of my sons is planning to get married on Kauai in February so we will try again! I have started a Bucilla stocking for my DIL. She had such a hard time picking a kit. I need to post some Facebook pics of my progress.

Preeti said...

Two weeks on the beach does sound divine, Ramona. I am glad you had a fun vacation. Thank you for sharing the toes in the water picture - I will enjoy vicariously. Santa has a naughty smile - wonder what happened on the vacation :-p