"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Brian's Christmas Tree Skirt

We are attending a wedding in a little over a week
and the gift is finished!

My usual wedding gift is a quilted Christmas Tree Skirt,
when appropriate, of course!

I haven't kept track of how many I've made,
but this one is a favorite.

I love the fabrics, the design and the finish.




The fabrics are from "Splendid" by Robin Pickens.
That border fabric..... gorgeous!!

 


I saw a finished tree skirt on line and copied the design.
Cardinals were fussy cut for the centers of the HST blocks.

 


This design may be used
 again in a scrappier way.
Or it would be pretty in a more controlled way, too.

 


Now it will be wrapped and delivered to the Bride and Groom.


Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Just a beautiful tree skirt and i love that fabric...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is cute. How do you decide what kind of fabric and colors to use when this is present for a new couple - do you already know what kind of colors and decorations they will be using?

Sara said...

Beautiful. This is one of my favorites that I've seen so far.

Kim Sharman said...

A most beautiful Christmas tree skirt. Love both the design and fabrics.

Vicki in MN said...

You make the best tree skirts!

Debbie said...

I always admire your tree skirts. This one is especially pretty, and the striped binding is perfect. Such bright colors.

Rebecca Grace said...

Yes, Ramona -- this one is my favorite of your tree skirts, too! Gorgeous fabrics, traditional enough to be timeless but not old-fashioned or stodgy, and I just love the peppermint candy effect of that striped binding on the diagonal. Have fun at the wedding!