"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, April 22, 2019

You Are My Sunshine

In the beginning of the year,
there was a bit of a lull in the need for
Baby quilts.

I made a couple to donate to my church
and a couple to donate to another charity.

Now,
I need three baby quilts for wee ones being born
this summer.

My niece is having a girl...
her 5th child! 

I've had this roll of Kaffe fabrics for a long time
and bought a roll of white with yellow pin dots last year.
It was time to create something with these.





I sewed two sets of three strips together
and then sewed those sets together,
making a tube.

I used my triangle ruler to cut squares from the tube strips
and ended up with these squares.





I'm still playing with the placement
and will begin sewing these together soon.

In the meantime,
I wanted to play with 
 (She has been cleaned and oiled and sews so smoothly!)

There were scraps left over from these strip sets,
so I cut HST's from those.
Yesterday I made this on Maisie!




It's 16 1/2" square, so I think it will end up being a pillow.


 


These are all of the fabrics used in the baby quilt.
 It will be a sunshine filled quilt (and pillow), for sure!

 

I need to be careful now.
So far this year I have been able to reign in my desire to
keep starting new things without finishing what I've started.
It's beginning to get out of control again.
My cutting table is beginning to groan from the weight of the
blocks and fabrics on it.
This week I am going to sew some of these things
into tops and get a couple of piles off of my table.

Wish me luck!

I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.

I hope everyone that celebrates Easter had a joyous day yesterday.

Happy Easter!
Happy Quilting!


6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such pretty fabrics - and 5 children you don't hear that often now days - I was one of 12 and growing up in a large family can be fun

Churn Dash said...

An unusual but beautiful baby quilt. I love that baby quilts aren't just pink or blue these days.

Did you enjoy sewing on the featherweight?

Helen

Libby in TN said...

Good luck! I think it's something about the change of seasons or the weather.

Julie said...

What a cute quilt idea and I love the colors. Your extras made up a darling pillow topper!

Needled Mom said...

I love those fabrics and that yellow pin dot with it is just perfect. They will make such a fun and happy baby quilt. The pillow top looks so nice.

Christina said...

The quilt top is sunshine! The pillow from the leftovers will surely brighten any room. Tackle one pile at a time and it will be conquered before you know it.