"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, April 29, 2019

Another Pile Gone

Over the past few weeks I have been making quilt blocks,
but not finishing the tops.

Last week one pile was sewn into a top,
which now awaits quilting.

Over the weekend another pile was sewn into a top
and was added to the "needs to be quilted" list.
Another pile is off of my cutting table!




This will be a baby quilt for my niece's 5th child, a girl, due in August.

 


My niece likes different things, which is good!
I usually like making quilts that aren't the
traditional baby quilt.
I want the quilts to be able to grow with the child.

 

This was made with two jelly rolls and was fun to put together.
With all of the yellows and oranges, I'm calling this
"You are My Sunshine!".

I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.

Happy Quilting!

 

5 comments:

Libby in TN said...

You did a great job getting your points to match. The baby will appreciate the high contrast of those fabrics.

Needled Mom said...

Perfect name for that quilt! It is such a happy quilt for her baby.

AnnieO said...

The colors are bright and cheerful and definitely can grow from babe to toddler to little kid!

Vicki in MN said...

This was the perfect quilt for me to see this morning as it is another gloomy day here! You have named it just right!

straythreads said...

That is so cheerful looking on another gloomy day here
thanks for a little bit of sunshine