"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas Pillows and Decorations

Last year I found a blog post tutorial
where a woman made Christmas pillows using
kitchen towels.
It was an easy project and the pillows were so cute.

This year I found cloth placemats at Target 
with a very cute design
and knew they would make really cute pillows.



Isn't it cute?
The tree is embroidered and gives it more texture and definition.
I used yardage for the back and the binding
and put in an invisible zipper.

One for me and one for my daughter!

 

The Peace and Santa pillows were made last year from dish towels.
The pillow in the back was made several years ago and is paper pieced.


My home is finally ready for Christmas.



I've decorated my quilt cabinet like this for several years now.
My vintage ornaments are on this metal tree,
away from any possibility of being knocked off and broken.

 


We had our family room painted this fall.
Gone is the dark woodwork.
The white is so much brighter and my decorations show up
so much better!

 


I made the star Santa years ago.
He's wearing denim overalls!
The other santas are made from antique quilts and old blankets.
I found these at craft shows over the years, 
all made by the same person.
She no longer comes to my area, though.
Their brothers are on top of my quilt cabinet.

 

Several years ago I found these vintage candy canes and added a couple
of others to the dish.
The vintage tree toppers finish off the display.

 

Our tree is tall... 9 1/2 feet... and is packed with ornaments.
My mom made the tree skirt for us years ago.



I gave my older daughter this Jim Shore nativity when she was younger.
She loves setting it up every year.





Our Advent wreath has one of my Nativities in the center.
This Advent wreath uses ball shaped candles,
which are difficult to find.
I have to reuse the candles, if I can.

 


This wreath is an oldie, too, and was fun to make. 
It adds such sparkle to the room.



I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.

Merry Christmas!




12 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

LIke the quick pillow idea! Your decor is so pretty!

Libby in TN said...

So pretty! Your antique ornaments remind me of past Christmases. I like the idea pillows; I could probably do that!

Rhonda said...

Greetings my friend!!! I see you're so ready for Christmas. I know you'll have a great Christmas and may you have a Happy New Year!!!

Sara said...

Your home looks delightful. And the pillow idea is perfect. I need to watch for some appropriate placemats or towels at the after holiday sales.

Needled Mom said...

Everything looks so pretty, Ramona. Those pillows are such a great idea and look beautiful. I love your tall tree. I can understand why your daughter enjoys setting up that nativity each year. I've always loved that one.

Debbie said...

Great to see your decorations! I like the pillow idea too. A good idea when those after Christmas sales start.

chrisknits said...

What gorgeous displays you have arranged. I will have to take a photo of the few handmade Santas I have. Hubster's Aunt made them and gifted them to us at our wedding. I cherish them now.

Bella Pink said...

Your decorating looks like it's right out of a magazine! Gorgeous....luv the pillows..arden

Vicki in MN said...

OMG I loved my morning Christmas eye candy, thank you for sharing such glorious decorations! Holy cow that tree is tall:0

Meloney said...

Beautifully decorated home. I'm still not there. :( Hope today is a bit better.
Love the pillows.

Judy Hansen said...

I have the same Jim Shore nativity set as your daughters. I love the quilty look of it, and I put a small quilt under mine this year too. Great minds think alike!

Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday - I like to read your blog and see what you are making. Your house looks very festive!

Judy

straythreads said...

Thanks for the tour beautiful heirlooms merry Christmas