"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Turquoise and Gray

Back in August I started working on this quilt
using the
Quick Curve Ruler
and the Metro Rings pattern.

For a while I had been collecting turquoise/aqua/teal fabrics,
along with various shades of gray
for this quilt.
I love how they look together.

In August I had 16 blocks finished and debated
on stopping there and making a baby quilt.
The other day I decided I want this quilt to be bigger.
I don't know how much bigger, but bigger at this point.

Out came the bin of fabrics and the piecing began.




Using this ruler speeds the cutting process up tremendously
and it's used for almost every aspect in making this block.
It has taken me a while to get used to cutting with it
and I finally have it figured out...
I think!!
 

 


The only problem I have is with the accuracy of where the
curved pieces end up in the block....
how far they are from the straight edge.
I'm not sure if it's from the pressing,
which distorts things a bit,
or if it's my piecing,
or a combination of the two!


 


I have learned from one of my quilt group buddies to
not point out my mistakes,
so I won't.
And once it's all together,
they aren't that noticeable anyway! 

There are 14 more blocks needed for the size I'm thinking of,
so block construction will continue.

Happy Quilting!

12 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Love the color combo. And I certainly cant see any "mistakes." One of my guildmates was using that ruler on Saturday. That may be one I have to add to my arsenal.

Susan said...

This is looking quite lovely! I don't think you're alone in the little errors in piecing. I once took a class using this ruler and pattern, and everyone there was having to fudge their blocks. But I think the pattern allows for this, so don't worry too much about it!

kupton52 said...

Looks great to me! I love the color combo....looking forward to it's finish...hope you quilt this one yourself.

vincenzo126 said...

This is absolutely lovely! -Jean

Julie said...

I had errors when I used the ruler too, but now even I can't find them! I love your combo, have fun making more blocks!

Vicki in MN said...

Ooooh I still love it, maybe even more!! Nope you are not alone, me too, had a little trouble with getting everything lined up. I did find that if I used my own ruler to trim things to size I got a little better result.

Sherry VF said...

Great quilt! Your concern on the piecing isn't at all noticeable and I'll bet once once the blocks are pieced, the issue will disappear.

Needled Mom said...

That is really fabulous. I LOVE that color combination.

Kat said...

Love your color choices.

marebear said...

Beautiful! I see absolutley no mistakes.

chrisknits said...

Gorgeous! And there are no mistakes in our work, only "design features". LOL!

straythreads said...

this is gorgeous I'm not a fan of grey but you made it work