"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Piecing and Knitting

Modern technology is wonderful, isn't it?
I've been gone for almost three weeks,
but because I could write posts and schedule their postings in advance,
it seemed like I was right here in my Hidey Hole the entire time.

My husband, oldest daughter and I took a wonderful trip
to Europe and cruised along the western coast of
France, Spain and Portugal.
We also visited the Canary Islands and spent a little time in Morocco.
The sights were just beautiful and the memories are great.

Now it's back to reality!

While I was gone I did a little knitting.
Knitting hasn't been on my list of things to do lately,
but it's such a portable project for a trip where
space is a premium.



This pair of socks was made while
relaxing on the ship
and during the hours of flying.
I love how the yarn pooled for these.

 

I also decided to try my hand at knitting mittens.
This is attempt #3.
I'm not thrilled with it and learned some things,
but they will be warm.
The thumb is made with the "Afterthought" method.
Next time I make mittens, I'd like to try the gusset method.




Since I've been home I've done a little playing in my Hidey Hole.



A few weeks ago I posted about the tuffet
I made for my niece.
I decided that with some of the extra fabric,
I would make two pillows to coordinate with the tuffet.
My niece isn't much into quilts,
but something simple would work.

 

This pattern is from the book called
and was so easy to make!
I'll get these quilted and made into pillows
and then send them to her for her new home.


My mind is overflowing with thoughts and ideas of
projects I'd like to make this fall.
We shall see where I am lead!


Thank you to all who commented on my blog posts while
I was gone! They were so fun to read when I returned home.

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like a wonderful trip you took - no photos?

kupton52 said...

Welcome home! (...and I had no idea you were even gone! lol) So glad you had a good time but glad you're back!

Julie said...

What a fabulous trip! I suspected you were gone! :) Your socks are gorgeous and great pillow top blocks too. Enjoy your fall creating!

Needled Mom said...

I’ll bet you had a great trip. I like those socks - great colors too. Those stars are so pretty.

Vicki in MN said...

So glad you enjoyed your trip! Another fun pair of socks. I have pulled out been wearing mine already, cool days in the house feels cozier with them on;) Don't cha love the Angles with ease book, I love her stuff.