"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, June 2, 2017

New Quilt and Finished Socks

Last weekend I began cutting out a new quilt.
It's a kit I've had for a while
and decided this one would be next on my
"Get It Finished and Out of My Cabinet"
Parade.

The blocks are all sewn together and the top is ready to be pieced.



This was a kit from Craftsy called Kaleidoscope.
The kit was on sale, so the cost of the fabric was a real deal.
I ordered the kit primarily for the fabric,
but really liked the pattern once it arrived.

 

It looks like a pile of jewels to me.
These blocks will be 9" finished.
 


I love the randomness of the block and fabric placement.
Hopefully the top will be sewn together soon.



There are some knitting finishes today, too.



How do you like the yellow stripes at the top of the socks?
I bought the yarn and loved the yellow with the grays and blues.
I just started knitting away and kept waiting for more yellow to come through.
Finally I read the directions on the skein and realized that the yellow
yarn was there to know where to begin knitting the second sock.
This way I'd have matching socks.
Well, I was too far into the knitting of sock one and decided
the yellow stripe would stay.

I did end up with matching socks, though!!

 


These socks were made from some sock yarn my mom found at Tuesday Morning.

 

Since the socks are finished, I decided to knit another shawl.
The pattern can be found here
I'm having to pay attention to the pattern, so this is going to take a while,
but it's a fun shawl to knit.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Libby in TN said...

That yellow stripe -- sounds like something I'd do! Thanks for providing a smile today!

Mia said...

I love all the things you make. You are great.

Needled Mom said...

I love the fabrics in those blocks.

lol over the yellow, but I like the idea.

kupton52 said...

I totally agree with Libby, your confession about the yellow stripe made me laugh out loud! Kindred spirits, I think....lol. Your sewing and knitting talents are so evident in all you do. Thank you for sharing....Blessings..

Louise said...

The colors and design of that quilt are scrumptious! You're right, it looks like scattered faceted jewels. Lovely!