"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Snowing Inside!

Where I live in Virginia,
we are getting rain, mixed with some sleet and snow today....
outside.

However,
Inside.... it has snowed!

Yesterday I sewed the squares of vintage chenille together
and the floor is covered, I was covered, the ironing mat is covered
in fuzzy white and pink lint.
(I say "is" and "was" because I haven't vacuumed yet, but did
delint myself before leaving the house.)


I took this photo outside to try and get a photo of the true colors.
This is the closest one.
 

These blocks were a challenge to sew together...
stitching over all of the bumps and rows,
but I love the textures in the blocks.
 

The random little pops of color are fun, tool.
 

It will be backed and bound with a rosebud fabric I just ordered this morning.


Now that the wedding quilt top is finished and
 I am back from our conference basketball tournament,
I am looking forward to getting more sewing and quilting done.


Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

It definitely has great texture and I do love the pop of brighter pink here and there!

Needled Mom said...

It is beautiful and I'll bet it feels amazing. You'll be cleaning up that lint forever!!!

Sara said...

What a fun idea! The texture and soft color is wonderful.

Julie said...

What a cute top, but yikes on the fuzz! Great job.