"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, September 23, 2016

Scrappy Baby Quilt Finish

Scrappy quilts are not my favorite,
but I am very pleased with how this quilt turned out.
We are seeing a population explosion around us,
so baby quilts are in big demand.


This will go to one of the precious new ones
entering the world soon.




This was made with a lot of my 2 1/2" squares.
There is a twin to this quilt (not quilted yet),
but they hardly made a dent in my bag of squares.




Even with the occasional pink square and flowers,
this could be given to a boy or girl,
don't you think?

 

It took a while to find the outer border fabric...
the blue really pulls it all together.
 

This was made with scraps and stash,
except for the blue border.
Even the binding was leftover from two previous quilts.
There was just enough for this one.



My goddaughter loves Halloween
and while shopping with her mother the other day,
her mom found this panel.


This guy glows in the dark!
(My quilts always look crooked in photos!)
 

I'm not into Halloween,
but this guy is pretty cute.
And especially appropriate for a nurse and a physical therapist. 
:D


Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Simple and sweet baby quilt. Something like that would make a good leader/ender project.

Needled Mom said...

I always love scrappy quilts. It will be a treasured gift for a new little one.

That skeleton is fabulous, but not sure I would want to run into it glowing in the dark during the night! lol