This past weekend I was planning on starting a new project.
As I was getting the fabrics out for this new quilt,
I was moving a pile of blocks from one place to another.
When I opened a cabinet in which to put the blocks,
I stopped myself.
Why not just sew the blocks together,
finish the top
and be done with ONE pile??
These blocks are the bright and fun blocks I made
from a jelly roll and this Missouri Star tutorial.
Onto the design wall they went,
all crooked and everything!
I had sewn the nine inner blocks together and decided to
play around with the single blocks for some kind of border.
I liked the single blocks around the edge,
and decided that
adding the white sashing in between the inner blocks
and the single outer blocks helped to calm the chaos.
These fabrics just make me smile.
Polka dots are my favorite!
I love the hearts the design makes when using the four block parts together
instead of randomly placing them in the design.
One pile is gone!
But I do have another quilt added to my
"To be quilted" list.
The "to be quilted" quilts are hung up... not in piles on my table!