"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, March 28, 2016

Progress on Another Kit

At the beginning of the year I set a goal for myself to finish one
Bucilla felt kit a month.
I've done pretty well and have finished three already this year.
The second kit for March is almost finished.
(I was afraid if I stopped I would not get back into working on them.)

This kit is the "Christmas Toys Wreath."


I only have a few ornaments left to make and will then
attach them to the wreath base.
It's kind of sad that this base will be covered...
I like how it looks like this.
 


These little things are so much fun to make!
 


I'm hoping to have this finished before March ends.



I have started another small quilt from this book.




Five strips of these 1" pieces will be sewn and then sashing will be added
between the strips. 
It is not a quick little quilt to make,
but I am enjoying the process.

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Julie said...

What a fun looking book and great projects. I love the one you did a few days ago. I am always amazed by the the kits and you won't believe this but now I was off looking at them online! Oh dear!

Kathy H said...

The wreath is looking so cute. Great ornaments. And you will be so happy to have it done for Christmas this year!

Needled Mom said...

Nice work on the wreath!

Churn Dash said...

The wreath is so lovely. I watched a friend make up a tree skirt by the company so I know how much work goes into making their Christmas things. You are really doing well with your goals.

I find it is harder to piece small things, but I think it really helps hone sewing skills. I look forward to seeing how the miniature turns out.

Helen

Vicki in MN said...

That little snowman head is just adorable!! You sure have done a whole lot of stitching on these kits. Beautiful. It's not how fast we get stuff done that matters, enjoying the process is important!! Your little quilt will be sew cute! How big will it be?