"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Pants to Quilts

After cutting up two boxes of colored jeans that
didn't sell at my brother and sister-in-laws store,
I began to play with the circles and a charm pack of
"Poems from Pebbles" fabric 
someone had given to me.

I wondered what I would use this bright, bright charm pack for
and think they play pretty nicely with these colored jean circles.


I did not add any batting under the charm packs and wish I had now.
This will make a nice picnic blanket or play mat,
but it could use a bit more weight.
 

The next two rows are started.
As I said the other day....
this won't be a "pretty" quilt, but it will be functional.

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Love all the bright colors! I think it is very "pretty" - loving the contrast between solids and prints too. You get definite bonus points for using up those jeans in such a wonderful way!

Unknown said...

Well I think it is becoming a very pretty quilt. Kudos to you for getting so much
done. I'm still flitting from one thing to another and not finishing anything.

Take care. B

Churn Dash said...

It's going to be great!

I have a denim quilt that I put batting in, it is very heavy but works well at the beach to block the wind.

Helen