"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, June 15, 2015

Hot, Hot, Hot....

And I am not just talking about this
HOT pink quilt top I finished yesterday.

Summer has arrived!

When it's close to 100 degrees outside,
I'm going to be found inside... sewing!

Borders have been added to my
"Pink Explosion"
and I kept them simple.


Please forgive the spots on this photo...
I don't know why they are there.



I had some of the same zebra print in black and white
and like it as a thin border to stop the pink.



Next will be to quilt this wild thing.
That will be kept simple, too!
Maybe just straight lines?


 This is one of the Mola's I bought in
Panama on the cruise I was on in April.
I collect crosses when I travel
and love this design.
I trimmed it down and added the pink binding.



The piece are a bit wonky,
but the tiny little stitches in this reverse applique are amazing.
I love the pops of color added here and there with the
applique and embroidery.

Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are creating.

Happy Quilting!!


7 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

What bright happy eye candy on your blog today Ramona!!!! Love that Hot Pink Zebra quilt - wowzers!!!! It was hot in NC last week where we were visiting too. Saturday was 95 degrees!!!!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I have a quilt with elephant blocks from sri lanka. the tiny stitches were unbelievable. I couldn't do it!

Churn Dash said...

That is definitely pink and wild! The borders work beautifully with it.

I've looked at some Mola's and have been amazed at the detail.

The warm weather finds me wanting to go to the pool or lazily reading. I always think I'm going to get loads done in the summer and then I don't. I envy you sewing when it's so hot.

Helen

straythreads said...

Wow looks great, if I were quilting that I would swing an arc from point to point in each of the pink and black stars and that might be enough just a thought
Ann

~Kris~ said...

Pink Explosion is the perfect name. What a colorful and eye catching design.

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

I clicked on you through Linky Tues. I loved your motto so I have to follow you! I like that you are not afraid of using color! Really like the crosses. L

Needled Mom said...

That looks great and I love the zebra prints in it. You can send some of your heat our way as our summer seems to have taken a bit of a break this month.

I love the mola. They always fascinate me with their intricate stitching.