"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, January 26, 2015

Half Way Finished

On my Design Wall today are two halves of a quilt.
One half has the blocks stitched together
(but not pressed)
and the other half is waiting its turn.


I really like how this quilt is coming together.
It has been a bit trickier to make than I anticipated,
but the results are nice.


 Hopefully the pressing will be done today.
NOT my favorite thing to do!  :)
But it will be warm on this cold, rainy day!
 

With our rainy weather, it will be a good day to sew the second half together.



I've also pretty much finished my latest Bucilla Stocking.
I have to add some cording for the shoelaces
and some "lights" garland and then the front is done.


These are the cutest stockings!
AND... so much fun to make!!


These elves are just adorable!
They will be holding "lights" in their hands,
which I hope to to add soon.


I need to quilt the piece from which I will make the actual stocking
and then I will stitch this to it for the front.


This stocking kit and many others can be found at


Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are working on this week.
I am thinking of all of you who are in the path of this blizzard.
I pray for your safety and warmth.


Happy Quilting!

16 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

That's my fave ornament so far, it twinkles and shines! Adorable!

Judy D in WA said...

Love how this quilt is coming together. That stocking is just the cutest!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Wow, you've done an awesome job of perfectly aligning the dots in your prints to your seam lines. That takes a lot of attention when cutting for such a subtle touch, but it looks terrific! Kudos!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and what a beautiful stocking! My mom used to love doing embroidery and stockings like that!

Nann said...

Love the dots! I haven't seen a Herrschners catalog in years....

Kaja said...

I love all the dots in your quilt - it's looking great.

~Kris~ said...

Your polka dots are perfect and so many colors! Love it!

Terry said...

Quilt looks great, I like the dots too. My mother used to make a lot of those socks, I don't have the patience for it. They are lovely to lok at though

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh what an adorable stocking! I have to make stockings for my grandkids this year - special request by their mom :) But I don't think I'll make anything quite as detailed as you have done. Amazing! Also love your polka dots quilt! Those are great colors together. We have dreary weather today too, and I'm going to get busy stitching a bit myself soon too :)

Judy Hansen said...

I love the quilt -was it a kit? I love the colors. Anything with polka dots makes me happy.

Dar said...

What a clever pattern for your polka dot quilt. I have never seen it before. The colors are great too.

Debbie said...

Oh my...how fun to see the stocking photos!!! It is so adorable!

Lara B. said...

Ramona, This quilt is so cool and I think it is the effect the dots have, combined with the square shapes - it really looks vibrant!
Love your adorable stockings and this one has so many sweet details that you could write a story to go with it!

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt. The pattern works really well with those dotted fabrics. The stocking is just amazing and so cute. Hope you've gotten some more time in your sewing room to finish stitching on both projects.

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt. The pattern works really well with those dotted fabrics. The stocking is just amazing and so cute. Hope you've gotten some more time in your sewing room to finish stitching on both projects.

Churn Dash said...

Your quilt looks wonderful.

Helen